Friday, July 29, 2016

Affirmations

Stanclift Cove at Lake McDonough, Barkhamsted, CT
I have the privilege of swimming in a large beautiful lake every summer. My snorkel and mask allow me to move almost effortlessly through the water without concern. I often take advantage of this time for meditation and affirmations.

Moving meditation can be done using any repetitive motion where your mind is not required elsewhere. I find that flowing through water, buoyant and supported by the lake, helps me achieve a peaceful state of gratitude. I never fall asleep during this type of meditation, unlike when I am seated. 
 
I devote considerable time to affirmations while swimming. You may be aware that thoughts create reality, and we can improve our lives by altering our thinking. What we think and say, we draw towards us. Repeating positive phrases in the present tense helps shift these thoughts into actuality. This process helps break negative thought patterns, and rewires our brains to support our dreams and ambitions.

I have been successfully working with affirmations for years. Sometimes they can be a stretch, like swimming while pregnant repeating “childbirth is fun and easy.” I found giving birth to be thrilling and problem-free, which is probably as close as it gets to being fun and easy.

Some of my affirmations this summer include:
         I am strong and healthy
         I am loved and loving
         I am supported by the universe
         I have loving spirit friends that support and guide me
         My intuition and mediumistic abilities grow stronger every day
         I am a loving mother/wife/daughter/friend...
         I am peaceful and I spread peace

During my first year of mediumship development I struggled with receiving messages. Rita Berkowitz, one of my teachers, suggested these affirmations: “I, Sharon Farber, receive beautiful evidential messages. Sharon Farber receives beautiful evidential messages. You, Sharon Farber, receive beautiful evidential messages.” I believe they helped. I later created my own, such as: “I am an accurate and compassionate medium,” and “information from spirit people flows quickly and easily.”

I highly recommend affirmations as a tool to support and strengthen your emotional, physical, and spiritual health. Create thought patterns that feel right to you and address your individual concerns. Always make them positive and in the present. “I will not yell” is negative, while, “I am peaceful and gentle,” is positive and healing.

Louise Hay, author, speaker, and healer, is the queen of affirmations. Her books, website, and other materials overflow with beautiful affirmations to help with a multitude of issues, including physical ailments. Borrow from her or create your own. Give yourself the gift of an all-natural, simple tool for positive transformation and healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment